Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7, 2011

And so dearest family, here is my update for the week:

Last week President told us to all expect and pray for miracles, so Sister Brown and I decided to make that one of our goals. On our first street of the day, we prayed to find miracles, and let me tell you - we found them! At almost every house (I think all but one) if they weren't already home, the people either pulled up right before we got to their house, or as we were knocking on their door. Because of this we were able to talk to so many people! Then, about halfway trough, we got a phone call. We decided to head back to the car to talk so that we weren't just awkwardly standing in front of this house we were about to knock on. By the time we were done on the phone, the lady at that house was outside talking on the phone. We decided it would be a little odd to bee-line it straight to her with her watching us for the whole walk, so we just decided to start at the top of the street again, just on the other side, and work our way back down to her house. At the second door we met Lizzie. Lizzie only had about 10 minutes before she had to leave, but she let us in and we were able to teach her a quick lesson about the Restoration! She was really excited about it and invited us back! If we hadn't had that phone call, and then decided to start at the top of the street again because of the phone lady, we totally would have missed her. MIRACLES. It was so awesome!!!

I got a new bed! Yay! The old one was like sleeping on springs, and I ended up sleeping on the couch for about a week because it finally got so bad. But thankfully they brought me a new one and I am sleeping much better now. However, I have gone from sleeping on an extra tall bed (there were two boxsprings) to now sleeping on an extra low bed (I guess the mattress is just really small? I'm not exactly sure how my bed got to be so much shorter than Sister Brown's...)

Burr Ridge (where the Hoogland's are moving) is just barely outside of my area. It borders the northeast corner of my area in fact.

The Beylers are awesome. So are the Andersons and the Andrews. Those are probably my three favorite families, and they all really love us, so it's great :) Eating with the Beylers is where I heard the coffee thing. Those kids are so funny. I wish I knew how to describe it, so you could enjoy it as much as I do.

Don said he wants to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He just wants to wait for Rose, who we still haven't been able to meet with, so we don't have a date yet. But I am very okay with that. We know that he wants to, and once he has committed to it, you can be pretty certain he'll do it. He is starting to realize that only on of the baptisms can be valid, which is really exciting becuase it means that his testimony of the Restoration is starting to really take root. Cierra is awesome. She just "gets it" all, and said she feels like the Book of Mormon is something she should believe. We are also teaching a 12 year old girl right now, Jasmine, that also soaks it all up and really wants to do what is right. Yes that means that half of our investigators are teenage girls.

quick side note: How on earth did you get such a big tree??? Does it even fit INSIDE? Also that is really cool about the Elders and the whole 16th ward effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment