Tuesday, September 27, 2011

1st Letter - From the MTC


My dearest family,
 
I am doing great!  I only have 25 minutes before this computer logs me out so that is sort of stressful... we'll see how this goes.
 
This first week has been CRAZY!  So good.  But definitely crazy.  My companion's name is Sister Kearnes and she is awesome.  We get along really well and it's great.  Our district is incredible too!  Several of the Elders are a little older, and the ones that are 19 don't seem like 19 year old boys.  There are 4 Sisters and 6 Elders and we are all either going to Chicago or Fort Worth, Texas.  My companion is going to Texas, but the other Sisters will all be joining me in Chicago.  My teachers are Sister Christensen (who served her mission in London) and Brother Taylor (he served in Fresno) and they are so awesome!!!!  
 
They just changed the way they teach at the MTC a couple of weeks ago and we are some of the first missionaries to be learning under the new program.  There is one Sister in our room who has been here for a 9 weeks and she is in the old program, so it's funny because we ask her questions all the time, but her experience has been completely different from ours.  This new program involves throwing us right into teaching without telling us ANYTHING.  They tell us stuff eventually, but we are finding out new rules every day that no one bothered to tell us.  Like the fact that we aren't supposed to study in the residence halls.  I suppose that won't count against my goal of exact obedience since I didn't know for 4 days...?
 
This last week has been really good, but also really hard at times.  The spirit is everywhere.  Our classes are amazing and I am learning so much.   We have four people that we are "teaching" right now and I'm pretty positive I'm doing more learning than teaching.  They set us off teaching right away and didn't actually tell us until a few days later what or how we were supposed to be teaching.  So that has been challenging, but it is also a very motivating way of learning. 
 
Thanks for the notes all through my luggage Mom and Dad!  I love every time I find a new one.  I showed my companion the first couple I found and she got so excited that she pinned them right up on the wall.  They have really helped. 
 
Wellness worked for my companion, but just as usual, it's power was lacking in my own immune system.  I have a cold.  Of course. 
 
Thanks for the football update!  There is a Sister in my branch (going to Thailand) from Kuna so I told her the news when I got your email this morning.  Go Cougars!  And GO BRONCOS!! 
 
I haven't watched the relief society broadcast yet.  I think we'll do it on Saturday while all the Elders are watching the Priesthood session.  
 
I'm going to try to add a few pictures and I want to have enough time, so that's all I'll write for now, but I might hand write a letter later if I remember more things I want to tell you.  I love you all so much!  I miss you, but in a righteous "I can't wait to see you in 18 months" kind of way. 
 
Love,
Sister Hatch
 
Okay... I cannot figure out for the life of me how to attach pictures.  I guess you'll just have to wait! 
 
I'm sorry.  I feel like this is such a short letter and doesn't really at all express all that has really happened to me this week.  But that's about all I have time for.  This life is crazy!!!  I love you.  Thanks for your little notes everyone!  I can't wait for Medora to come!  Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment